Board Members, Queensland Walks
Passionate about walking and improving the conditions and profile of walking in Queensland? We have a vacancy!
Queensland Walks has a diverse Board, skilled in various disciplines and united by a passion for our vision. We are seeking both a Treasurer and a general Board member to join with existing Board to provide oversight and strategic direction for Queensland Walks Incorporated.
We are seeking expressions of interest from individuals with an interest and/or experience in active transport, governance experience, and for the Treasurer position, accounting and finance credentials or previous experience as a Treasurer. You will have a commitment and understanding for Queensland Walks purpose and be able to work collaboratively with various stakeholders to help our small organisation to develop.
This is an elected position, with interested candidates required to become financial members of Queensland Walks Incorporated prior to our November AGM in order to nominate for this role.
As a Board Member you will
- Prepare for and attend Board meetings which occur every six weeks.
- Take responsibility for any delegated tasks that arise from Board meetings.
- Be an active participant in (and at times lead) any sub-committees as needed by our strategy and project priorities.
- Be familiar with governance responsibilities and liabilities associated with being a Board Member.
The responsibilities within the Treasurer role include:
Presenting financial statements and information to the Board each month
- Ensuring tax-related documents and legal forms are filed in a timely manner
- Managing the board’s review of and action on its financial responsibilities
- Assisting the Executive Officer in preparing the annual budget and presenting it to the board for approval
- Working with the EO to manage the annual audit process with external auditors and answers board members’ questions.
Queensland Walks is the peak Queensland body for walking, providing a strong voice at a local, state and national level. We are a state-wide community based organisation that advocates for more walkable places, so that more Queenslanders have opportunities to walk. As an incorporated organisation, Queensland Walks’ membership is open to individuals and organisations interested in promoting walking for all. Our aim is to improve the conditions and profile of walking in Queensland, support and encourage government, organisations and agencies to improve policy and funding priorities to enhance walking. Through advocacy, education, campaigns or coordinating local groups, we believe that by harnessing interest in walking we’ll have a stronger voice and force to achieve change.
Expression of Interest
To put forward an expression of interest please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your interest and experience to ‘Attn President – Board position’ at firstname.lastname@example.org/qldwalks