Queensland Walks Month is a celebration of walking!
Every Body, Every Place
Queensland Walks Month, September 2021
Resources for promotion
Submit your story
Group or team
Vote for your favourite entries
Queensland Walks would like to thank…
Frequently Asked Questions
- Register as an individual to participate
- Get your team, workplace, walking or running groups, or even neighbourhood group involved. Get them to register individually for more chances to win prizes.
- Share the campaign on socials, encourage friends to get involved, use our hashtags: #QLDWalksMonth #EveryBodyEveryPlace #QLDWalks #WeWalkQLD
- Take a weekly walking photo, walking video or write a walking story and share on the Queensland Walks Month website. Go into the running for weekly $50 prize packs
- Use the Snap Send Solve app to share your group or team walking photos. Go into the entry to win a $500 catered lunch of your choice
- Vote for your favourite entry (photo, video or written story).
No you don’t have to submit any of your walks, however if you would like to be eligible to be in the weekly random prize draw, you will need to follow our competition Terms and Conditions. See further instructions on how to submit or upload below.
Option 1 – Individual, submit your photo
Option 2 – Individual, submit your video
Option 3 – Individual, submit your written story
Week 1: I walk for recreation (1 – 12 September)
Week 2. I walk for health (13 – 19 September)
Week 3. I walk for transport (20 – 26 September)
Week 4. Let’s talk walkability (26 September – 1 October)
Queensland Walks Month is designed to improve the health of Queenslanders by encouraging walking every day, promote better walking environments for all and connect the wider Queensland walking community. Queensland Walks Month has a focus on walking for transport, recreation, health, tourism and community connection as well as a call to action in support of more walkable spaces and places in our local communities.
Queensland Walks Month is a free, state-wide, community-based initiative for all ages and abilities together. Anyone can get involved and register as an individual and in groups such as families, friends, workmates, clubs and organisations. All participants are eligible for a range of fantastic prizes (see terms and conditions).
For resources to promote Queensland Walks Month or to discuss options to engage your local community please contact email@example.com
Queensland Walks Month is hosted by Queensland Walks and supported by the Queensland Government, 10,000 Steps, Heart Foundation Walking and Snap, Send, Solve.
Queensland Walks is a community based membership organisation. We advocate for more walkable places for all ages and all abilities so that more Queenslanders will walk every day.
Our aim is to improve the conditions and profile of walking in Queensland. We support and encourage government, organisations and agencies to improve policy and funding priorities to enhance walking.