Queensland Walks is grateful to the Queensland Government for funding the establishment of Queensland Walks’ Walk Hub.
The Walk Hub is a place for resources, tips and information that will support you to help make Queensland a walk-friendly state: more walkable towns and cities, streets, parks and green space.
The Walk Hub is in its infancy, so don’t forget to check back regularly.
Queensland Walking Strategy 2019–2029
Queensland Walking Strategy 2019–2029: sets the direction to make walking an easy choice for everyone, every day over the next 10 years.
Action Plan for Walking 2019–2021
Action Plan for Walking 2019–2021: lists the practical actions we need to do right now to grow walking, to be updated every 2 years.
Walking in Queensland Report 2019
Walking in Queensland Report 2019: provides a snapshot of current levels of walking in Queensland and baseline measures for monitoring our progress towards achieving the vision to ‘make walking an easy choice for everyone, every day’.
Walk-friendly Queensland communities, walkability and liveable places
Road safety, street and urban planning and walkability
- Search for a road: local council or state owned?
- Traffic and Road Use Manual (TRUM)
- Easy Steps: A Toolkit for Planning, Designing and Promoting Safe Walking, Queensland Transport 2005
- Planning for Walking Toolkit – Transport for London (TfL)
- Pedestrian Planning and Design Guide New Zealand
- Street Smarts
- Distracted driving