Queensland Walks is a community-based advocacy organisation that represents the interests of walkers of all ages and all abilities.
- We highlight the importance of a walk-friendly and walkable urban design in meetings and communications with local and state government representatives and departments, with engineers, planners and developers.
- We advocate on behalf of interest groups who are considered vulnerable road users (VRU’s)
- We encourage and advocate for local walking advocacy in regional Queensland by connecting to community, to local organisations and government
- We support and promote ‘active streets’, ‘space for health’, 20-minute cities, green spaces, urban landscaping to improve walk and health active by design principles
- We host the Queensland Walking Alliance, bringing together stakeholders from a range of organisations to focus on significant priorities for walking in our community.
- We collaborate with walking programs, physical activity and health based organisations, as well as other active travel interest groups. (Walk Hub)
Your membership and support is important to assist in improving pedestrian facilities in Queensland and normalising walking as an everyday and enjoyable activity.
There are many ways you can get involved Queensland Walks. Learn more about how you can get involved and take advantage of the opportunity to do some good. There are a variety of opportunities for members to participate in sub-committees and get involved in projects.
We rely on members to assist with our advocacy and funding so if you would like to get involved, join now.
Friends and Supporters of Queensland Walks
Become a friend or supporter of Queensland Walks
- participate in Walk Week and other events
- receive our latest news
- join discussions on our forum
- contribute stories to our website
Become a financial member of Queensland Walks
Individual – $20 incl GST
Corporate – $100 incl GST
- all of the benefits of being a friend and supporter of Queensland Walks, plus
- participate and vote in formal meetings
- participate in networking events at a lowered or no cost
- Corporate members will be featured on our website
Renew your Queensland Walks Membership
Do you have a lapsed membership? Renew your membership online to receive the full benefits. Once you have logged in you will find instructions on how to renew your membership.